FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS RATING – GRADE III
This full-time course takes a fresh, holistic approach to developing the competencies required to give ab-initio flight instruction.
Our dedicated flight instructor training division is staffed by specialists with extensive flight instructor development experience. They have formulated this course to include strong emphasis on providing a sound foundation in adult learning principles and aviation instruction methods. Whilst the course is focused on the delivery of primary training in light aircraft at Grade 3 flight instructor level, the training provides seamless progression to advanced instruction.
The course structure sequences workshops, group exercises and flight simulation before the various exercises are flown in the air, ensuring maximum training value from on-aircraft training. Knowledge elements are integrated with practical training using a blended learning approach with e-learning, workshops and one-on-one tuition.
14 Hours PA 28 FSTD (FNPT II) and 16 Hours PA 28 Aircraft
SACAA skills test: 1 Hour PA 28 FSTD and 2 Hours PA 28 Aircraft
SACAA Grade III Flight Instructor Rating
WHY COMPLETE THIS COURSE AT PTC?
PTC's Grade III course will make you very attractive to potential airline employers. READ MORE
- The global shortage of airline pilots is matched by a greater shortage of airline instructors.
- Appropriately qualified and experienced flight instructors are a scarce and a very valuable resource.
- You need the right training foundation to succeed in getting an instruction job now and to create opportunities for an advanced instruction career later.
- An appropriate instruction background and qualification will make you very attractive to potential airline employers.
The course is structured to give appropriate training intensity whilst remaining flexible enough to manage weather and operational factors. This course is tailored to develop your potential. READ MORE
- PTC Aviation conducts all initial flight instructor training for 43 Air School – South Africa’s most respected professional flying school. Therefore, completing the PTC Aviation Flight Instructor course gives you the best chance of employment as a Grade III Flight Instructor.
What’s puts the PTC Aviation Flight Instructor Course in a different league?
- PTC Aviation’s Flight Instructor Course gives you the foundation that you need to develop the qualifications and experience for airline-level instruction.
- Our Flight Instructor course is innovative and our experienced full time instructor development specialists have re-engineered instructor training to make it student centred and competency based.
- The instruction methods and techniques expected at advanced and airline levels form the core of our ab initio flight instructor course.
- We use the latest e-learning and simulator technology to achieve maximum value from expensive aircraft time.
- Highly experienced specialist instructors with a deep understanding of both primary flight training and advanced jet instruction will mentor and support you throughout your training.
- We create a positive, knowledge-rich learning environment and you’ll be able to mingle with industry professionals at every level from line pilots and experienced instructors to airline training captains and Designated Flight Examiners
- Port Elizabeth offers formal airspace structures with low traffic density and short ferry times to the training area.
- The course is structured to give appropriate training intensity whilst remaining flexible enough to manage weather and operational factors. If you bring your talent and motivation, we guarantee on-time completion.
What our students say about this course
“PTC has equipped me with many new tools that I can both apply to my instructional and piloting career. Their professional and applicable training is second to none and I would highly recommend their services to anyone wanting to further their own skill set.”
Expand your career in aviation
with one of our advanced training courses
Never miss a glimpse into the future
Keep up to date with aviation news and exclusive offers and resources from our team.