AIRLINE PILOT STANDARD (APS) MCC
In line with EASA guidelines this APS MCC course trains an airline pilot student with the knowledge, skills, and attitude required to start an initial type rating to the standards required by commercial airline operations. It is a comprehensive blended programme that focuses on advanced swept wing jet aeroplane operations and handling, advanced airline operations scenario training and a final assessment.
Simulator Training Included:
40 Hours Fixed Base Simulator (FNPT II MCC)
APS MCC Course Completion Certificate and SACAA MCC License Endorsement
WHY COMPLETE THIS COURSE AT PTC?
PTC will help you fast-track your career and best position you for airline employment. READ MORE
You’ve qualified as a Commercial Pilot in a light piston twin but you want to fast-track your career and best position yourself for airline employment.
The global shortage in competent airline crew means that most airline operators have adopted an employment strategy that allows newly-qualified commercial pilots to join as First Officers.
Whilst you have the skills necessary to operate as a single-pilot in a propeller driven aeroplane, you need to develop additional competencies to operate as a crewmember on the flight deck of an advanced, swept wing, multi pilot transport jet. It’s a heavy, high performance aeroplane and you need to learn not only the manual handling skills, but also how to interface with sophisticated automation and your colleague on the flight deck through the medium of a highly structured airline SOP.
How do you bridge the gap between single pilot light aircraft flying and the competencies required to put you in the most favourable circumstances to begin type rating training?
The APS MCC course focuses on ALL the competencies needed in Airline operations; not only MCC and JOC. It is the best route to Type Rating readiness for a newly qualified ME/CPL pilot. READ MORE
The course presents everything you need to be ready to begin a type rating in a single, seamless course which follows the latest EASA guidance. The course has been designed by experienced Airline Training professionals to meet the needs of prospective airline employers by developing your knowledge, skills and behaviour to the standards expected by the airline industry at the start of operator type rating training.
Since the course integrates both MCC and JOC elements, it is a shorter and more efficient route to type rating readiness than completing separate MCC and JOC courses. The combination of both elements in one footprint also allows deeper and more meaningful exposure to operational airline concepts and therefore enhances training outcomes.
State-of-the-art B737 simulation technology and experienced industry professionals are used to develop your knowledge, inter-personal and non-technical skills and to give you training in and exposure to the handling qualities of a heavy, swept wing jet. At PTC, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn much from the “hangar talk” whilst you mingle with industry professionals at every level from line pilots and experienced instructors to airline training captains and Designated Flight Examiners.
Time and cost savings are substantial. The APS MCC course is shorter by 5 days and 4 simulator hours when compared to completing separate MCC and JOC modules, whilst also delivering enhanced training outcomes. Further, if you continue directly into a PTC Aviation Type Rating course there are additional savings in both time and cost.
If you are serious about fast-tracking your airline career, there’s no doubt that the PTC Aviation APS MCC course is the right course for you.
APS MCC course content and practical exercises. READ MORE
The following competencies at commercial air transport standards including principles of TEM and CRM are developed:
- FMS initialization
- Radio and navigation equipment preparation
- Flight documentation
- Computation of take-off performance data
Take-off and climb:
- Before take-off checks
- Normal take-offs
- Rejected take-offs
- Take-offs with abnormal and emergency situations included
- Normal procedures
Descent and approach:
- Instrument flight procedures
- Approaches using raw data
- Approaches using flight director
- Approaches using autopilot
- One-engine-inoperative approach
- Computation of approach and landing data
- All engines go-around
- Go-around with one engine inoperative
- Wind shear during approach
- Transition from instrument to visual flight on reaching decision altitude or height or minimum descent altitude or height
After landing and post flight procedures
Emergency and abnormal procedures
Advanced swept wing flying training
- Take-off, approach, landing, go-around.
- Flight deck management practices.
- Complex problem-solving techniques.
- Advanced handling.
- Manual handling skills (no autopilot, no auto thrust, and where possible, no flight director).
- Flight at different speeds, including slow flight and altitudes within the normal flight envelope.
- Steep turns.
- Aeroplane stability and stall awareness.
- Upset prevention techniques and approach-to-stall recovery events (appropriate to FSTD limitations and capabilities).
- High-energy approach prevention.
- Go-around management of approach and landing configurations.
Advanced airline operations scenario training
- Weather analysis
- Flight planning
- Fuel planning
- Configuration deviation list (CDL), dispatch deviation procedures guide (DDPG), and minimum equipment list (MEL) analysis
- Cabin crew briefing
Cockpit preparation, pushback, engine starting, taxiing, take-off, climb, cruising, descent, landing, shutdown, and disembarkation procedures.
On time performance:
- Weather analysis
- Flight planning
- Fuel planning
- Technical or operational non-normal event
- Diversion decision-making
- Fuel SA
- Passenger and crew care
CRM is integrated into all practical exercises of the APS MCC.
Airline oriented training
All exercises provide the student pilot with a practical understanding of airline operations. This is achieved through a visit to an airline.
What our students say about this course
Expand your career in aviation
with one of our advanced training courses
Never miss a glimpse into the future
Keep up to date with aviation news and exclusive offers and resources from our team.